You might already be aware of the latest release of the Electra Jailbreak that allows users to liberate their Apple device running iOS 11.3.1 or below. So, if you are looking to jailbreak your compatible 64-bit iOS device with Electra, the below tutorial will help you do just that.
However, before we proceed, it is important to mention that it’s a semi-untethered jailbreak and will require you to re-jailbreak your device through Electra app every time you reboot it or power it down.
Jump To Section:
So, let’s dive directly into the details of how the Electra jailbreak can be used for liberating iOS 11.3.1 running on a compatible device. There are some pre-requisites that you will need to fulfill, however, before you can be able to jailbreak your device. Let’s check them out first.
Pre-Requisites For Electra Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1
Below is a checklist of performing a successful Electra Jailbreak and you must make sure you have every item on the list checked before you can actually proceed further.
- You should have a 64-bit iOS device running iOS 11.3.1 or any other compatible version. For your reference, Electra jailbreak tool extends support for iOS 11.2 through iOS 11.3.1 and works on all the compatible iPhones, iPads and iPods including the latest iPhone X.
- You must also have the latest Cydia Impactor version installed on your PC/Mac. You can get it from the official website cydiaimpactor.com.
- You must be running latest iTunes version.
- You’ll need a Mac or a PC running macOS or Windows.
- You must also be in possession of an Apple Developer ID, be it free or paid. The ID can be made at developer.apple.com with your Apple account.
- Finally, you should have latest Electra 11.3.1 IPA file that can be downloaded from the official website. You can download one of the two versions as one of them works with the paid account while the other doesn’t require the same. Both the versions use a different exploit. The one that necessitates a paid developer account relies on a multipath tcp exploit offering a lot high rate of success as compared to the one that works with a free account and relies on the vfs exploit. Everything else remains the same in both the jailbreak versions.
How To Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 With Electra?
Now that you have all the pre-requisites to complete the process, here are the steps that you need to follow for jailbreaking your device.
- Connect your iOS 11.3.1 device to a Mac or PC with the help of USB cable that comes with it. Don’t forget to take complete backup of the device through iTunes before you actually start the jailbreak process. It will ensure that all your data remains safe if something goes wrong.
- It’s also recommended to enable the Airplane mode and disable Siri before rebooting the device to run Electra jailbreak on it.
- As mentioned earlier, you must have latest Cydia Impactor version. You’ll have to launch Cydia Impactor now and drag/drop Electra 11.3.1 IPA file on it. You will then be prompted to login with your Apple ID and wait until Cydia Impactor runs the sideloading process to put Electra IPA on your iOS device. If you don’t know how to sideload apps with Cydia Impactor, use our previous guide to get some insights.
- After sideloading the jailbreak app, you will have to ensure that you can launch it on your iOS device. For this, grab your iOS device and go to Settings> General> Profiles & Device Management. Here, find the sideloaded Electra IPA file and select the Trust option before choosing Trust Again when prompted. Now go back to Home Screen and tap the icon to launch the Electra App.
- Electra jailbreak app will now launch similar to other apps you might have on your iOS device and you will see the main interface of the app. There will be a Jailbreak button right in the center and you’ll have to tap it for starting the process of jailbreaking. Also ensure that the toggle in front of Tweaks is ‘On’.
- The process will continue and you will see that the app is rebooting/respringing your device automatically. Don’t worry as it’s quite normal. Once you’re back to Lock Screen, just unlock your device and launch the Electra app again. Hit the Jailbreak button once more and the process will continue right where it had stopped.
- Let the app complete the process automatically and you won’t have to do anything in the middle of it. After completion of the process, you will get a notification that your device has been successfully jailbroken. The Cydia icon will now show up on your device’s Home Screen.
- Just launch Cydia to start enjoying a perfect jailbreak experience.
Yes, you have successfully jailbroken your iOS device and will only need to download the required tweaks to enjoy the functionality that you might not have ever imagined before.
Check Other Topics:
- Download Tela GBA IPA For iOS 11 And start Using The Emulator Without Jailbreak
- How To Downgrade your iOS 11.1.2 iPhone/iPad?
- A Guide To Downgrading iOS 11.1 On Your iPhone/iPad
- Apple TV 4K – All You Should Know About It