When the iOS 9.1 was released some really great improvements were noticed in the latest iOS. There were improvements made to features like Live Photos and almost 150 emoji characters were updated including taco, cheese, burrito, middle finger, wedge, etc. But, as always, to enhance the iPhone using experience and expand the feature list of iOS 9.1, Pangu released iOS 9.1 jailbreak in March 2016.
Jump To Sections
- Pangu 9.1 Jailbreak Download and Tutorial
- iOS 9.1 Jailbreak Guide
- Cydia Download Iphone Jailbreak on iOS 9.1 Device
So, if you want to know how to jailbreak iOS 9.1then you should read on and learn the simple process through this easy-to-understand guide.
iOS 9.1 Jailbreak – How To Do It?
Installing Cydia on the iOS 9.1 device will mean that you have jailbroken your iPhone. This can be done in a couple of ways and you can choose one that suits you the best.
Method 1: With the help of dedicated 9.1 jailbreak tool such as Pangu 9. However, you will need a Mac or PC for this.
Method 2:With Safari method for downloading the Cydiaicon without any jailbreak. No PC will be needed for this.
Pangu 9.1 Jailbreak Download and Tutorial Tutorial
If you want to jailbreak iPhone with Pangu 9 then follow this step by step guide. But first know if your device is compatible with Pangu 9 or not.
Device Compatibility OfPangu 9
The Pangu 9 tool is compatible with:
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus
- iPod Touch 5 G
iPad mini, iPad mini retina, iPad mini 3, iPad2, iPad3, iPad4, iPad Air and iPad Air2.
iOS 9.1 Jailbreak Guide
Before you continue with the steps given below, it is important that you take complete backup of your device using iCloud or iTunes. After that, follow these steps:
- Visit the download page for Pangu 9 and download the jailbreak tool.
- Extract the zip file and launch the tool. If you are running Windows PC then you should Run Pangu 9 as administrator.
- Now “Find My iPhone” and “Touch ID & Passcode” options should both be disabled.
- Once you will plug in your iOS 9.1 device to the computer system, Pangu 9 will detect it. Just make sure you have a stable and running internet connection.
- Click on “Start” button once the device has been detected by the jailbreak tool.
- It will start the jailbreak process and you just need to be patient until it gets completed. Don’t disturbyour computer or device in the mean time.
- The setup will prompt you to turn the Airplane mode ON several times during the process. So, go to the Settings > Airplane Mode and just swipe it on.
- Once the setup completes, the device you’re trying to jailbreak will reboot and Cydia will be right there on thehomescreen and installed on your iOS 9.1 device.
- Simply launch Cydia to download any jailbreak apps you like.
Cydia Download Iphone Jailbreak on iOS 9.1 Device
In case, if you’re looking for an option to have Cydiaon your iOS 9.1 device without having to jailbreak then you should try this simple method we share here.
- Search “iOS 9.1 Jailbreak” in your Safari browser app on the iOS 9.1 device.
- You will soon get some search results in which you should look for ios9cydia.com. Just click the link and the page will open up and here you can be able to download icon of Cydia app on iOS 9.1. Alternately, you can simply open the link by copy/pasting it on your Safari browser.
- Scroll down to the bottom and then click on Up arrow as the below image shows.
- Next, tap on “Add to Home screen”.
- You will now be prompted to save Cydia icon. Save with the name “Cydia” and click Add.
- The icon of Cydia app will now be available in your iOS 9.1. Opening the icon of the app will keep you updated about iOS 9.1 jailbreak status.
So, using either of the messages mentioned above, you can successfully do the iOS 9.1 jailbreak. Try one you are convenient with.