During the last weekend we have had the release of the latest jailbreak that came with the Unc0ver jailbreak tool. The new jailbreak has been made by Pwn20wned, who formerly worked with the team of Electra Jailbreak, and this newly released jailbreak tool is just perfect to jailbreak iOS devices that are running on iOS 11 going as high up as iOS 11.4 beta 3. So, whether you have an iPhone, iPad or an iPod device running any of these OS, you’re in for the jailbreak.
However, just like older jailbreaks, this one also has a particular way to be applied and if you haven’t jailbroken any of your iOS devices before, you might find the process to be a bit daunting. However, there is nothing to worry about, here we have everything for you to ensure that you don’t have any hassles along the way and the process goes as smoothly as possible.
First of all, however, you should take a look at the supported devices on which you can actually execute this new jailbreak. It’s a long list and you will definitely find yours in it too. As a general, if your device is compatible with the iOS 11 version then you are in the game.
Compatible Devices For Unc0ver iOS 11 Jailbreak
So, here’s a list of compatible devices:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone SE
- 12.9” iPad Pro (2nd-gen), 12.9” iPad Pro, 10.5” iPad Pro (1st-gen)
- 9.7” iPad Pro
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2
- 5th-generation iPad
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4
- iPod touch 6G
How To Jailbreak iOS 11.1 To iOS 11.4 Beta 3 With Unc0ver?
Now that you know whether or not your device is compatible with the new jailbreak, it’s time we get into how exactly the jailbreak should be performed.
- First of all, you need to download the required tools, obviously. You can download Unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 11 from GitHub where as the Cydia Impactor is available at the official website cydiaimpactor.com and you can download it from there.
- Once you have the tools, it’s time to connect your iOS device with the computer you want to run this jailbreak on with the help of lightning cable.
- Open Cydia Impactor tool on the computer you are using and it should detect the iOS device attached to the computer automatically. Next, you have drag/drop Unc0ver IPA that you had downloaded earlier to Cydia Impactor. Enter your login credentials for the Apple Developer account that you have when asked by the application.
- As soon as you have copied the IPA file for your Unc0ver jailbreak tool to the iOS device on which you want to run the jailbreak, go to Settings app and browse Profiles & Device Management in General settings.
- Tap the entry with your Apple ID on display and choose Trust before tapping the Trust button again on following dialog.
- Make sure that you have Airplane mode enabled before you use the Unc0ver jailbreak tool on your device just to ensure it all goes safely. Keep the same in mind for disabling Siri as well – you can disable it from Settings app on your iOS device under the entry labeled ‘Siri and Search’.
- Now, restart your iOS device and ensure that you have Airplane mode still enabled when you turn it back on.
- Next, launch Unc0ver app from your device’s Home screen.
- Tap on Jailbreak button that you can find right in the center of its default screen.
- The jailbreak will begin and you can simply wait and relax until it is completed. That’s where the process comes to an end and the jailbreak will work its magic. As soon as the jailbreak process is completed, the jailbroken iOS device will then respring.
Congratulations, you have successfully jailbroken your iOS device and you can now enjoy all those favorite tweaks of yours even on your iOS 11 device running any of the versions described above.