Jailbreaking allows iOS users to be able to read/write OS files that are locked otherwise on an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Once your device has been jailbroken, you have root access to your device. You can even jailbreak your iPhone 6s running latest version of iOS that lets you run some custom codes to install unauthorized applications, such as unlockers. So, if you want to know how to jailbreak iPhone 6s, here is a complete guide for you.
Jump To Section:
- What To Do Before You Start The Jailbreak Process?
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 6s Step By Step?
- Restoring iPhone 6s After The Jailbreak
What To Do Before You Start The Jailbreak Process?
First thing that you need to do before even beginning the jailbreak process is to determine what are the advantages and disadvantages of taking this route. The question is whether you should or should not jailbreak. Know any associated risks and weigh them against the benefits of jailbreaking to find out if it’s really worth it to take such a risk or not. And if you are convinced that it’s time to jailbreak your iPhone 6s, start by taking backup of your device.
Backup Before The Jailbreak:
Believe it or not, backup is something really important. You can’t emphasize it enough. All the iPhone’s settings and content could be wiped clean during the jailbreak and you may have a completely new phone at the end of the day, so it’s worth taking some precautionary steps before you begin the jailbreak in the first place. Take backup of everything from contacts, sms, photos, videos, notes, calendars, music and call logs. Here is how to backup your device.
- Install Syncios Data Transfer tool on your device.
- Connect your device to PC.
- Launch Syncios tool and then click “Backup” button that you can see on homepage.
- Select all the data that you want to backup.
- Tap on “Start Copy” button.
How To Jailbreak iPhone 6s Step By Step?
Here are the steps to follow for jailbreaking iPhone 6s running iOS 9 through Pangu jailbreak tool.
- Start by downloading Pangu jailbreak tool’s latest version. It is a free download and you won’t be asked for any kind of registration code whatsoever.
- Go to Settings and disable Passcode in Touch ID section. Also, disable Find my iPhone in iCloud.
- Enable the Airplane mode.
- Now launch Pangu 9 app that you had downloaded earlier in the first step and run it as Administrator. For this, you will have to right click the exe file and select “Run as Administrator”.
- It might take a little time for detecting your device. Once it is detected, click Start button.
- Next, click the “Already Backup” button for proceeding with the jailbreak process.
- Once the process is 55% complete, your device will reboot. And once it is 65% complete, you will be prompted to enable the “Airplane mode” once again after rebooting the device.
- When the process is 75% complete, you will be prompted to unlock the iPhone and run Pangu app. Run Pangu app by clicking the icon on Home Screen.
- Now, you will be prompted to tap Accept button and allow access to Photos app. Tap Allow when the confirmation message pops up on the screen.
- Now wait until progress bar completes. And when it completes, the iPhone will restart. And, as soon as the process is completed you will be informed that the iPhone is “Already Jailbroken”.
Once the process is complete, Cydia icon will appear on home screen of your device. Disable the Airplane mode now before you launch Cydia. It will then prepare filesystem when run for first time. After it is open, you can now have access to everything that may not be available on App Store.
Restoring iPhone 6s After The Jailbreak
Here is how you should restore your iPhone 6s once the jailbreak process is complete.
- Launch Syncios data Transfer again on your iPhone for restoring it.
- Connect your device to the pc and then click “Restore” button that you can see on homepage.
- Select data that you want to restore
- Tap “Start Copy” to have everything back on your iPhone 6s.