During a recently conducted education-focused event from Apple, we got the first look of new iPad from Apple and even though all other announcements were related to software variety, one change managed to capture everyone’s fancy.
Yes, Apple is now offering 200 GB iCloud Storage Free to everyone who qualifies for that. To be unfortunate, a significant majority of us may not be able to use this opportunity to their benefit. However, if you’re among those privileged few, it’s about time that you put your hands on the 200 GB storage instead of still sticking to a mere 5GB cap. So, wondering who actually is eligible to claim this free 200GB of iCloud storage? Here’s a list of those entitled to claim it.
- If you’re a teacher or a student studying at a school that is part of Apple’s education program, you can have it.
- Your school must be registered with Apple and your email ID, which Apple is referring to as a Managed Apple ID, should be an email provided by the school itself. The iCloud account offering you a 200GB of iCloud Storage space for free will only be associated to that particular email address.
- If your Apple-registered school has already provided you with your Managed Apple ID, you should automatically have the account upgraded to the said storage offering on iCloud.
If any of the above mentioned points do not fit you in, regrettably, you are out of luck and may not be able to use Apple’s offer to your advantage. So, let’s hope that a similar offer comes through for all the rest of users who are part of the Apple family, but we’re not sure if it’s even possible for Apple to be able to do that.
Check Other Topics:
- iCloud Removal – How It All Works
- Recovering Your Deleted Files With iCloud.com
- How To Create iCloud Photo Library Backup
- How To Troubleshoot iCloud Keychain – ApplePit.Com