The jailbreak community is active again these days and new jailbreaks have been released from the active developers in the community. Even the latest iOS versions have been exploited and we have jailbreaks for latest iOS devices available right now. New jailbreakers are also emerging and we’re up for an all-new stream of jailbreaks pretty soon.
However, it is quite possible that the new jailbreaks are not so stable and there may be some potential performance issues which may call for deleting the jailbreak from your device completely. And, if that happens, you’ll find it’s a whole different story altogether.
Jump To Section
- What You Need To Download Before Beginning With The Process?
- Prepare For The Deletion
- How To Delete Electra iOS 11 Jailbreak
But despite all the stress involved in the process, it really doesn’t need to be too complicated. If you have jailbroken your iOS 11-iOS 11.1.2 device with Electra Jailbreak tool and are interested in reversing the process, here we have shared all the details on how you should do that.
Before getting started, however, we assume that you’re on a Windows Computer. But if you want to do it on your Mac, you shouldn’t be surprised to know that you have the identical process to follow there as well but you’ll be required to do it with Mac versions of all involved applications. Besides, you need to be a bit familiar with the SSH and Terminal as well for doing it on Mac. Now continuing with the process on a Windows machine, you will be required to download a few software as mentioned below before you actually proceed with the process.
What You Need To Download Before Beginning With The Process?
- Delectra Script
- Cyberduck or some other FTP app like that
Prepare For The Deletion
Before you start the process of removing Electra jailbreak from your device, the author of uninstaller script suggests that you should remove all the jailbreak apps and tweaks that you might have installed on your device through Cydia. And, if the current firmware has been future-restored then you shouldn’t be using this method. Also, even though it has been confirmed by many jailbreakers that this script works fine, there’s no guarantee from the developer. So, if you are not in a position to take such risks, just wait until a tested SemiRestore is updated by CoolStar.
How To Delete Electra iOS 11 Jailbreak
Now that you’re ready to reverse the jailbreak, here are the steps that you will have to follow for getting it done.
- Launch Cyberduck and set up new connection with the iOS device in question by clicking ‘Open Connection’ button.
- Choose SFTP connection type and provide IP address of your device that has to be unjailbroken. You can find this in Wi-Fi section of Settings app.
- In username enter ‘root’ and in password enter ‘alpine’ unless the password was changed by you.
- Click on Connect.
- Click on Allow on the prompt that shows up.
- Now drag unjailbreak.sh script on to Cyberduck window. Allow file transfer and when it gets complete move on from Cyberduck as its role in the process is completed.
- Launch PuTTY now and enter your device’s IP address in ‘Host Name’ field. Ensure that your connection type is set to SSH.
- Click on Open followed by ‘Yes’ if you see any popups appearing on the screen.
- The SSH terminal will then open up and it will be connected to the iOS device whose IP address you had provided earlier. Now, you just have to run that unjailbreak script to complete the process.
- In PuTTY window enter ‘bush ./unjailbreak.sh’ and press Enter to run the script.
- Next, just follow instructions as they show up on the screen. You will also have to enter the PIN on iOS device once, at least, for the process to complete successfully.
- Once the device has been restarted, your device will be back to the state it was in before the jailbreak. You can delete the Electra app as well to finish the process.
That’s all, you have deleted the Electra iOS 11 jailbreak from your device and it’s back to normal now. Just make sure you follow the process precisely for it to work.
Check Other Topics: