With iOS 11 beta download links now available, the beta version of the latest iOS can be downloaded and installed on your iPhone/iPad that is compatible with the latest OS. As of now, Apple has only released the developer beta for iOS 11 and the public beta is yet to arrive. The latest iOS 11 was announced last week at the WWDC 2017 and comes with a host of new features.
So, if you are looking to download it and install on your compatible iPhone/iPad/iPod, this guide will help you do just that. Before you continue with the download and installation, however, bear in mind that the currently available iOS 11 beta is very early beta and there may be issues and bugs. So, it is not advisable that you install it on any of your primary devices. Just keep it to your test devices for now. Also, take full backup through iCloud or iTunes before continuing with the installation just to keep your device secure.
How To Install iOS 11 Beta?
So, let’s get on with the download and installation process for the new beta version of iOS 11. Just follow the step by step process given below to install it on your test device.
- Before being able to download the iOS 11 beta, it will be necessary for you to get registered with the Apple Developer Program at Apple’s developer portal. But if you’re already registered there then you should move directly to the next step.
- Login using Apple ID to your Developer Account.
- In the next step, register the UDID of your device on which you have to install the beta with Apple. You can find your device’s UDID by plugging it into iTunes, choosing the device, and then clicking its serial number. Now copy the number and move forward.
- Go to Account section and click “Certificates, Identifiers And Profiles”.
- Click All in Devices area that you can see in left panel.
- Now click ‘+’ from right side panel and add your device’s UDID here.
- After adding UDID go to Develop > Downloads.
- You will see a drop down here in which you have to choose your device for starting the download of iTunes restorable iOS 11 beta firmware. (Another option is to install the iOS through OTA update. In that case, go to same downloads page using the iOS device and click ‘Download’ option in iOS 11 beta. Now let it install on the chosen device. After setting up the profile, it’s time to go to Settings in General tab and then click Software Update. Wait until your OTA update for iOS 11 beta shows up. Click ‘Download & Install’ as soon as it is available for upgrading to the latest version of firmware. )
- Next, ensure that you have installed latest version of iTunes on your PC/Mac. After ascertaining that, connection your device to the PC/Mac you are using and launch iTunes.
- You will now have to install that beta version and if you are using Mac then hold Alt and click Restore iPhone. Windows users should do the same by holding Shift key rather than Alt. You will now be prompted to choose ipsw firmware file and here you will have to go with the iOS 11 file that was downloaded earlier.
- Now just wait until iTunes installs the beta of iOS 11 on your device. You may have to wait for a while so just do not panic as it’s pretty normal. After the installation is complete, the device will restart automatically and a Hello screen will greet you in recently installed iOS 11 beta. Now do whatever you like on your new iOS.