Last year Apple came up with iPhone 7 as well as iPhone 7 Plus and now, on the 10th anniversary of iPhone, it has introduced iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X.
If you are interesting in finding out what the new iPhone 8/8 Plus is all about, here we have a complete round up of the new iPhone from Apple. Every single detail about the new phone is detailed here and you can find everything you need to know about it.
Jump To Section:
- How iPhone 8 Is Different From iPhone 8 Plus?
- iPhone 8 Specs
- When iPhone 8 Is Going To Be Available?
- How Much The New iPhone Is Going To Cost?
- What Colors Your New iPhone Will Be Available In?
- What iOS Will New iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Run On?
- Is There Any Need Of Buying The New Cases
How iPhone 8 Is Different From iPhone 8 Plus?
To be honest, it’s just the size and nothing else. You can consider them to be in same wheelhouse, just like iPhone 7/7Plus: biggest differences among them lie in cameras.
iPhone 8 Plus comes with 2 new lenses having 1.8 aperture and 2.8 aperture. There are sharper details along with more options for lighting in portrait mode are there for the iPhone 8 Plus. Besides, there is something new introduced in new features called Portrait Lighting. It makes real time lighting adjustments for giving you better results. In fact, you can swipe for picking up various lighting effects as you compose your pictures.
iPhone 8 Specs
Here are the detailed specs of the new iPhone 8.
- Glass front & back
- Available in space gray, solver and latest gold finishes
- Aluminum band matching the finish
- Uses aerospace-grade aluminum
- 7-layer color processed glass
- Strengthening layer with greater depth (comes with more durable glass compared to other available smartphones)
- True Tone HD screen which adjusts automatically when it comes to white balance for matching light setting of the surroundings
- 7” 5.5 Super Retina Display supporting True Tone technology as well as dual-domain pixels to offer better view regardless of the angle and the environment
- 4 high-efficiency cores offering 70% quick performance compared to A10 Fusion chip
- 2 performance cores offering 25% quicker performance compared to A10 Fusion chip
- New GPU that is 30% speedier compared to A10 Fusion chip
- Better pixel processor
- Quicker image processor
- 25% louder stereo speakers compared to iPhone 7 that boast of deeper bass as well
- iOS 11
The iPhone 8 Camera
- 12 mega-pixels camera
- Color filter
- Deeper pixels
- Optical image stabilization to offer better captures in low light situations
- 83 percent more light
- Improved color saturation
- More dynamic and wider color range
- Lower noise photo & video captures
- Better portrait mode to offer sharper foregrounds with blurred backgrounds getting more natural
- New effects of Portrait Lighting
- Digital Zoom (6x-videos, 10x-photos)
- Optical Zoom
iPhone 8 Videos
- Video encoder now offers quicker frame range
- Improved motion and image analysis
- Support for 1080 p videos at 240 fps, almost doubled what we had in previous models
- Every iPhone is custom-calibrated
- Lighting Estimation in real time on ISP
- Immersive graphics at 60 Fps
- A11 bionic SoC to power AR
Wireless Charging In iPhone 8
- Introduction of glass back to support wireless charging
- Support for Qi wireless standard for wireless charging
- Mophie& Belkin announced already to offer iPhone 8 wireless chargers
When iPhone 8 Is Going To Be Available?
You can pre-order your new iPhone from September 15th. And, it will be available from 22nd of September as an iOS upgrade is expected on 19th September, 2017.
How Much The New iPhone Is Going To Cost?
Here is what deals you can be able to get for each of the two iPhones.
iPhone 8 will be available in 64 GB and 256 GB models and the prices start at $699.
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 8 Plus will be available in 64 GB and 256 GB models as well and the prices start at $799.
What Colors Your New iPhone Will Be Available In?
There will be silver and space gray models alongside the one with sharper gold finish.
What iOS Will New iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Run On?
Both the new iPhones will run on the latest iOS 11.
Is There Any Need Of Buying The New Cases?
No, the sizes of both the iPhone models remain exactly the same that we had with iPhone 7/7 Plus. So, there won’t be any need of buying new cases.
So, do you still plan to stick to your iPhone 7? Well, it’s worth upgrading to the new iPhone 8. In fact, you can even skip the iPhone 8 and move directly to iPhone X. Your choice! Share your thoughts on how you like new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus and what sounds most appealing about the two new iPhones to you!