Large numbers of iPhone/iPad users are already familiar with iFile app. Even if you are not familiar with it, you must have heard about it somehow. Want to know what it is all about? Well, the app allows you to view those internal system directories and files for jailbroken devices. The version that is designed for the non-jailbroken devices is somewhat hindered as there’s no root access available with the stock iOS. Therefore, it works in sandboxed environment that means you won’t be able to access some system folders. Despite all that, iFile is still worth installing on your iOS device.
Here are the steps to follow for installing it on your device without a jailbreak.
- First thing you need to do is to grab the IPA file of the app. Though it may seem obvious, but the app can’t actually be installed without that. This IPA file is actually the executable file through which the apps can be installed on the devices. Browse the internet and search for the iFile IPA. Once found, download it to your device and start the installation process.
- After downloading the IPA for iFile, you just need to get it to your device. Normally, Apple’s App Store is used for getting the apps loaded onto your device. However, iFile doesn’t exist there so you can’t use that option. Keeping that in mind, you will have to sideload the app to your device and there are actually a couple of options that you can try for sideloadingiFile app.
- SideloadingiFile app using Xcode (Mac Only):How ToSideload Apps On iOS By Using Xcode 7? No Jailbreak Needed
- SideloadingiFile app using Cydia Impactor (Windows/Mac): Steps To Sideload iOS Apps On Windows And Mac Using Cydia Impactor
- After sideloadingiFile to your device using any of the above mentioned methods, iFileshould have been installed to your device. However, by now it won’t launch as your iOS considers it as an app from some untrusted source. The issue can be fixed easily, however, through Settings app. Just go to Profiles & Device Management in General and there you can fix the issue.
- Once there, find the profile linked with the recent iFile installation. Tap Trust in front of that profile and then again tap on Trust in the pop-up. The profile will now be trusted and your iOS will allow the use of the app.
Exit the Settings now and go to Home screen where you can find the icon of iFile app that you have just installed on your iOS device. Launch the app from the icon and start using it. It’s as simple as that even without a jailbreak.