Jailbreaks have really become a rare thing in recent times. You don’t often get to see the jailbreak community do the talking too often. And even the popular providers like Pangu jailbreak community doesn’t come up with new jailbreak updates regularly. However, the community is still alive and the work has been done regularly to allow jailbreaking of the latest iPhones and iPads. So, if you have long been waiting for the iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak, the good news for you is that it’s finally available and you can get to enjoy everything jailbreak brings to your iOS device. You can employ several different options for iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak and we have discussed the popular ones below.
Jump To Section:
- Why Do You Need iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak?
- How To Perform iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak Pangu?
- How To Jailbreak iOS 9.2.1 Pangu Using Your PC Or A Windows Virtual Machine?
Why Do You Need iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak?
Well, like any other jailbreak out there, iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak brings lots of new capabilities to your iOS device. The most prevalent of them all is that you get access to plenty of useful apps and functions that are normally not available with the iOS. This, in turn, extends the functionality of your iOS device removing any instructions whatsoever that have been in place from Apple on your iOS device. Any jailbroken device can still be able to use the App Store from Apple and you can install all authentic apps from there but if something is not found there, you can download it from Cydia, the private app store for the jailbroken devices.
How To Perform iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak Pangu?
So, if you have been waiting for the iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak and can’t wait to put your hands on it, here is how you can jailbreak your device running iOS 9.2.1. However, one thing that you must keep in mind is that here we are talking about semi-tethered jailbreak. It means that whenever you will reboot your iOS device, it will require you to follow some of the steps given below to get access to all the jailbreak features. However, these steps are pretty much simple and you should not definitely have any issues in doing that.
So, let’s get on with what you actually need to do for jailbreaking your iOS device.
- To start with, open Safari web browser on your iOS device and search for the PP jailbreak app. Once you get to an authentic download page, tap on Install button. Confirm install when prompted and it will install the app to your device.
- Here keep in mind that you can’t let the app to install all by itself as the installation will fail if you do so. So, keep looking for when text changes to ‘Installing’ from ‘Loading’. And, as soon as it turns to ‘Installing’, you’ll have to act quickly and put the device in Airplane mode from Control Center. This will ensure that the installation doesn’t fail. Also, an error will be presented if you got the timing wrong here as well. In that case, you will have to delete app and then try again.
- After the installation of the PP app, go to Settings on your device and browse to Profiles & Device Management in the General section. Find the profile for PP app there and open it to ‘Trust’ the app.
- Now launch PP app. Uncheck the box below circle for ensuring that Chinese PP store isn’t installed on the device you are trying to jailbreak and then tap that circle. Next, you have to lock the device you’re trying to jailbreak and then wait for the notification appearing on the lockscreen and then unlock your device. PP app must now install Cydia on your iOS device. Just let it do whatever it is doing and don’t do anything.
- The iPhone/iPad will respringafter installation of Cydia. You should now be able to access Cydia on the Home Screen of your device.
- Owing to the fact that it’s a semi-tethered jailbreak, the additional features of the jailbreak will be instantly disabled as soon as you will reboot the device. However, you can be able to fix the issue simply by opening PP app, tapping that circle again, locking the device and waiting for a few seconds so that your device resprings. Again, make sure that you don’t do anything during these 6 seconds.
- As soon as the device is done respring, the jailbreak functionality can be accessible once again.
How To Jailbreak iOS 9.2.1 Pangu Using Your PC Or A Windows Virtual Machine?
If you’re rather comfortable jailbreaking your device using Pangu jailbreak tool on your PC or a Windows virtual machine, then here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Connect the iOS device running iOS 9.2.1 to your PC or virtual machine and see if iTunes recognizes it. Here make sure that you have latest version of iTunes installed on your device.
- Turn ‘Find My iPhone’ off on your iPhone/iPad that you are trying to jailbreak. You can do that by going to Settings on your device and then to iCloud and then disabling ‘Find My iPhone’.
- Once your device is all set, you can download pphelper installer from the Pangu Website. Remember that you might only get access to the Chinese version so be prepared for whatever comes your way.
- Run pphelper installer now for installing PP 5.0 jailbreak tool. Click on install button that you see on home screen and continue with the installation. And, as soon as it finishes installing the tool, you can click on next button appearing in front of you for launching PP 5.0 jailbreak tool.
- When the tool starts, click on green button for downloading necessary components that will jailbreak your device.
- If the setup prompts you to provide your Apple ID, you can choose to go with your dummy account that you don’t use personally. The ID you will provide here will be used for signing jailbreak app that will be deployed on your iOS device. Your primary ID that contains all your personal information is not recommended to be used here. Next, click on green button that you can see below sign-in boxes before waiting for app deployment on your iOS 9.2.1 device. Once this process is completed, you can click on green button for proceeding further with your iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak.
- Next, you will have to go to Device Management page in Settings on your iPhone/iPad and tap on Trust twice for completing the deployment.
- Now you can go to your device’s Home Screen from where you have to launch jailbreak tool.
- Make sure the box below that circle is not checked and enable notifications.
- Tap on the circle again and lock the iOS device and wait until it resprings.
- Unlock your iOS device, and Cydia will now be available on the Home Screen.
Congratulations! You have successfully gone through the iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak pangu and you can start using added functionality on your iOS device.
So, that’s all about the iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak and how you can be able to install that on your device. If you have long been waiting to enjoy using certain apps or functionality on your device, we’d recommend that you go with any of the two iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak options described above on your device and get unrestricted access to that right away.
Check other Stuff:
- PS4 5.00 Jailbreak Arrives With Complete Kernel Access
- Hopes Get Alive For iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak Release
- Saïgon Jailbreak For iOS 10.2.1 Released To End Users
- Free Up Storage Using Dr. Clean For iOS 11 – Download Now No Jailbreak Needed