When iOS 11 was first announced, there were some of the worth talking features of the iOS introduced to the developers. Among these features that many were anticipating was ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ mode. Though it was not the part of iOS 11 beta 1 release, but the following beta versions had this feature as well.
Well, the idea is simple – this new mode is the one to be activated when iPhone users are driving a car to silence their notifications automatically. One interesting thing about this new feature is that it automatically responds to the incoming messages and the senders are informed that you’re driving and will get in touch later. This is to ensure better safety by not allowing iPhone users to use their iPhones while driving. The feature works both on non-CarPlay and CarPlay vehicles to make it more usable. From iOS 11 beta 2 onwards this feature is supported and can be used anytime.
How To Enable ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ Mode
Let’s take a look on how you can activate this new mode and keep yourself and others safe while you are on the roads.
- Go to Settings and choose ‘Do Not Disturb’ option.
- Scroll down until you see ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’.
- Here you will see 3 different options as mentioned below. Choose one as you like.
- Automatically: It enables the iPhone to automatically detect when you’re on the move and the feature is then enabled without you doing anything.
- Manually: A Control Center toggle can be added for this feature and you can turn it on or off whenever you like.
- ‘When Connected to the Car Bluetooth’
- There is also an option for message auto-reply and you can choose any of the following there:
- No One
- All Contacts
- It is also possible to select your desired text that you want to send automatically.
Though it is advised not to use your iPhone, or any other phone for that matter, when driving your vehicle, Apple is more concerned about your safety as well as of those on the road. So, this handy little feature is introduced for keeping things safe.