With all the new capabilities and features of iOS 11, we now have an improved Siri as well. And among all its great, revamped features, it now offers support for translating in various languages from English on a compatible device. Read on and you will find out how it all works.
With Apple’s great innovations and technological improvements, it really has taken iOS to next level by introducing its latest iOS 11. Among other things, so much of attention was given to the digital assistant Siri and we don’t just have a more powerful assistant but its translation capabilities have really given it a new dimension. It now makes things more fluid and simple, and the digital assistant becomes even more powerful.
How To Use Siri Translations?
Here are the steps that you need to follow for using Siri translations on your iOS 11 device.
- Without any surprises, you’ll need to have Siri activated first if you want to use the translation feature. If you have not set it up yet, or it is disabled for some reason, you will first have to activate it by going to Settings > Siri.
- In next step, you will have to activate Siri by long pressing the Home button of your device. Once it is active, ask it to translate whatever you want in the desired language. Here are a couple of options you can try for that:
- After invoking Siri ask “Can you translate ‘which is the nearest hotel’ to Chinese?”
- As an alternate, you can say “How’d I say ‘please bring the bill’ in French?”
You can get creative yourself too and try similar queries to get desired translations from Siri.
- After Siri receives and understands your query, it will display the desired translation on screen and will also narrate it loudly for you too. And, if you are in a conversation with some native person standing right next to you then they’ll also hear it and you may not have to say it to them yourself.
- If you do not get the translation in the first attempt, you can also get Siri to repeat it in the desired language so that you can hear it again and understand it easily.
Ever since its inception, Siri has been a great feature of iOS but with Apple focusing more on machine learning as well as the CoreML frameworks it has certainly improved quite a lot over the years. We can really expect a smarter Siri that can be of greater use in years to come. Meanwhile, you can take a look at how to use Siri with iOS 11 apps.